slider

8/26/16

If you give a mom a cookie...


So I have to admit that I'm a closet sweet-a-holic. By closet, I mean, I tend to sneak into the closet (or pantry) and gobble up all of the sweets. Because, you know, "KIDS, sweets aren't good for you....". Come on. Who else is with me? I know I'm not the only one "looking" for something in the pantry (while you're really just trying to chew and swallow as fast as you can without getting caught!).





Cookies are one of my favorites. Warm, gooey and yummy; straight out of the oven! I seriously can gobble them all up. And if I'm gonna eat them all, well, I might as well make them "healthy", or as healthy as a cookie can get! My neighbor makes these amazing oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for us a lot, so I thought I would steal her recipe, my our own (so, duh, I could eat them all) and then share with you!!

These oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are insanely delicious (especially right out of the oven). We usually do two batches - one with semi-sweet chocolate chips and one with dark chocolate chips (my fave). And if you aren't a chocolate fan (what is wrong with you??), you can always substitute raisins or your favorite dried fruit in this recipe!  


Here's the recipe so you don't have to lick your screen anymore...

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 cup + 6 tablespoons butter, softened
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar in the raw (or granulated sugar)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon cinnamon 
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups whole oats (uncooked)
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (or dried fruit)

1. Heat over to 350 degrees. In large bowl, beat butter and sugars until creamy.
2. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
3. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
4. Add chocolate chips (or dried fruit); mix well.
5. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 11-12 minutes until firm and golden.

Enjoy!!
I would share some of mine, but....


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing. I'm anxious to try this recipe w/carob chips :)

    ReplyDelete